equipping you and YOUR SON for THE
JOURNEY through MANHOOD
Every man wants to be confident that he has what it takes to navigate life but sadly, few men do. Society has changed and forgotten that raising a boy into a man is a slow and intentional process essential to his future, his family, and to his culture. Come journey with us as we take the ancient path that wise men throughout history have followed, tested and true, which raises boys and men into their full strength. It is under the influence of these initiated men that families and cultures are able to flourish.
"He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers..." - Malachi 4:6
MANHOOD BASE CAMP,
BIG BEND NATional park
Coming November, 2017
FOR FATHERS WITH SONS
AGES 13 TO 70
Being Sons Manhood Base Camps are 5-day/4-night one-on-one adventures for fathers with sons, ages 13 to 70 led by Jay Heck, a beauty and adventure junkie who loves fighting for the hearts of fathers and their children. Using fantastic landscapes in remote locations, Manhood Base Camps are adventures crafted to deepen the father-son relationship, improve communication and create a roadmap for your shared journeys through manhood. Through the use of engaging presentations and discussions, God will reveal the path he created for sons to grow into authentic manhood and invite both fathers and sons to celebrate and participate in their unique and God-crafted masculine journey. Each pair will get to know each other in a way they’ve been craving. Fathers will be given the privilege to publicly bless and celebrate the uniqueness of their sons and invite them into authentic manhood in the company of men they have shared a real adventure with.
"The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him."
- Proverbs 23:24
Manhood base camp Itinerary at big bend
- Arrive @ Chisos Lodge Meeting Room, Registration & Check – In 4-6pm
- Dinner 6:30PM @ the Lodge
- Session 1 Introduction- Fathers and Sons
- Fire time
- “All Day” Canoe Trip down the Rio Grande: ~6 hours (http://bigbendfarflung.com/river-trips/)
- Evening Sessions – separate for fathers and sons
- Son's session – “The Prepared Son”
- Father's Session - “The Intentional Father”
- Lajitas Zip Lines – two hours of zipping
(200ft-2000ft in length – crossing canyons, Lajitas Zipline)
- Hike Santa Elena Canyon trail
- Soak in Natural Hot Springs on the Rio Grande
- Session 3 – “Choosing your path to Manhood: Authentic or Conventional ”
- Session 4 – “The Trademarks of a True Man”
- Father-Son Hike - Lost Mine Trail (3-4 hour Moderate Hike)
- Session 5: A transition and celebration ceremony
- Depart from Park
*Cost is $2250 per father/son pair.
This trip is a one-on-one adventure for fathers (or father figures) to have with sons (or spiritual sons) and is limited to 8 father/son pairs. While the backdrop for this weekend is adventure there will be no activities that require anything more than a moderate level of fitness and an adventurous spirit. Participation in the adventures is optional but strongly encouraged to receive the highest value from this amazing weekend.
Manhood Base Camp Cost includes: All campsite fees in the Chisos Basin, gourmet cooked meals and snacks, all basic gear including sleeping bag + high quality insulated sleeping pad, professional guide(s) for hiking, ziplining and canoe adventures, and all presentations and materials.
If interested in taking an adventure or sponsoring, please contact us.