“All that is gold does not glitter,Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”
Back from four days with a couple of dozen great heroes of the faith. They may not be on the tips of the culture's tongue but they are being celebrated wildly in heaven. When asked last night about the weekend by some new friends at a house church we are part of, this is what our Father gave me to say:
- I sat shoulder to shoulder with great Warriors forcibly advancing the Kingdom.
- Great men reclaiming the lost territories of their families, communities, and lives.
- Warmed myself by the fire of battles fought, both won and lost, by the young Warriors, good Kings, and seasoned Sages of the faith.
- It was holy and I am undone from the experience. God's glory was so profoundly evident that I could scarcely take it all in.
- We got to experience the "thin place" of the Celtic Christians where heaven and earth briefly meet.
This morning, I may be sitting in a Starbucks, but worship music from the weekend is blaring in my ears, my heart is full, and I am steadfastly resisting all the Matrix is throwing at me. Like the hobbits returning to the shire, transformed by the battles fought and adventures lived, I am now an alien in my own land.
I claim the "thin place" as my home.
The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.
I will never be the same.
"Brother sisters join this song As we journey home Brother sisters join this song As we journey home
Hold my hand and walk with me Till my pilgrim days are done And there I’ll find this jubilee Until my chains you’ll see undone
I walk towards eternity With hands held high Unashamed I will enter in With love on my side
Hold my hand and walk with me Till my pilgrim days are done And there I’ll find this jubilee Until my chains You’ll see undone
I walk this path you lead and You keep moving me on I know You’re with me Lord in Zion
To Him who sits on the throne To Him who reigns forever To Him who sits on the throne To Him who reigns forever
Blessing and honor and glory and power"
Will Reagan "Pilgrim Days"